The City of Berwyn
Located just 8 miles west of Chicago’s loop and has convenient access to the Eisenhower (I-290) and the Stevenson (I-55) Expressways and two major airports. Public transportation is also available via the CTA’s blue line “el” or the Metra BNSF line. The range of transportation options make commuting to work or planning a trip to attend one of Berwyn’s bustling business corridors or community events a snap.
Read more about what makes Berwyn Nothing Like A Suburb in our special edition Community Resource Guide.
At the Center of Life in Chicago, Berwyn is in close proximity to anything you want to do in the Chicago area, including great access to Chicago sports events like the Blackhawks, Bears, Bulls, White Sox, Cubs and Fire. Berwyn is just minutes away from downtown Chicago and neighbors the Chicagoland communities of Oak Park, Forest Park, Riverside, La Grange, and Brookfield.
Take some time to browse this site and explore the many reasons Berwyn is the perfect spot to visit and live. But don’t wait – Berwyn won’t be Chicago’s best-kept secret for long!
- Meet Berwyn’s Entrepreneurs: Brendan White of The James Joyce Irish Pub
- Berwyn Gateway Plaza Phase II nears completion
- Kinslahger Brewery beer available at local stores
- The City of Berwyn proclaims June 2017 to be Pride Month
- Berwyn Continues Support of its LGBTQ Community with Return of Berwyn Pride T-Shirts!